Creative Product Developer, cool gift company!
Leading, creative gift brand is looking for a new Product Developer to join their very successful, growing team.
You will have excellent product development experience, a commercial / creative eye and a real passion for product.
You will be involved in the whole development cycle; from idea generation to product launch. It’s a busy role but a great company to work for, that is experiencing huge levels of growth.
This role involves:
- Spotting new product development opportunities through comp shopping and trade shows
- Taking briefs on new product development ideas from buyers
- Critiquing current ranges – what could be improved?
- Briefing the design team for initial designs and mock ups
- Getting feedback on initial ideas from the wider team
- Clearly and accurately briefing factories on product requirements
- Neogitating on cost prices and deliverables to hit required margin targets
- Ordering product samples
- Being aware of all technical issues, involving the technical team
- Ensuring that all artwork is accurate before orders are confirmed
- Work with your production and supply chain team when selecting the most relevant factories
- Ensuring production are keeping to all critical path dates
- Visiting factories to brief on new products and assess pre-production
- Attending trade fairs in the UK and internaitonally
Knowledge, qualifications and experience required:
- Ideally at least 2 years direct product development experience
- Product development experience within the gift or home industry
- Must have developed directly with factories
- Must have a commercial mind
- A passion for product
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org