Product & Packaging Designer, leading gift and beauty brand
We are excited to be working with this leading gift and beauty brand that supplies their creative and trend-led products to leading retailers globally including Monsoon and House of Fraser.
They are seeking a talented and experienced Product and Packaging Designer to join their creative team. You will have at least 4+ years of experience, with a strong creative and commercial eye, and experience of designing the product and packaging for leading retail products.
You will have excellent Photoshop and illustrator skills, have an adaptable style, will enjoy not only creating new design concepts and art working, but also mentoring and supporting a Junior Designer. You will be positive, proactive with the ability to prioritise. You will be able to adapt your style based on the customer profile and will be able to create original designs, alongside amending existing prints or patterns.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a varied design role, a supportive culture and is passionate about creating beautiful and commercial products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involvement in concept creation and taking concept briefs
- Creating graphic and packaging designs for catalogue and private label products, meeting customer’ requirements
- Artworking and preparing designs and cutterguides ready for print
- Being aware of the current market, ensuring designs are in line with both the brand and target customer
- Supporting and mentoring Junior Designer to ensure designs and art working are correct for print
- Being multi-disciplined; delivering designs for products, packaging, marketing, and directing photographic materials
- Collaborating and supporting the Product Development team
- Working closely with the product and sales teams, supporting them with required materials to be used for customer meetings and product launches
Qualifications and Prior Experience:
- 4+ years’ experience working on retail products across multi disciplines including products and packaging
- Excellent photoshop, illustrator and InDesign skills
- Must be able to show examples of work produced for the retail market
- Experience creating bespoke designs on packaging cutterguides
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Fantastic attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects meeting tight deadlines
- A positive attitude and a hard worker that enjoys a fast-paced environment and working across multiple product areas
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com