Creative Product Developer, leading Brand
We are working with an established, yet growing brand who is a strong player within the retail industry, their products grace the shelves of leading high street favourites both there in the UK and globally.
They are on the hunt for a talented Product Developer to join their fast-paced, dynamic Product team. You will conceive and develop commercial yet original and innovative products, ensuring the Brand stays ahead of the competition. You will be working with trend-driven products, so the successful candidate will be commercially aware, creative, and always ahead of the design curve.
This is a fun and exciting company to work for, it is fast-paced and busy environment so you must be up for a challenge, and love working as part of a team.
Responsibilities for this Product Developer role includes:
- Being trend aware, identifying new market trends and translating these in to commercial, innovative products that are to brief and margin expectation
- Presenting new concepts and ideas to the business, creating briefs for the design dept
- Creating and managing the critical path for your products, ensuring product accuracy and that project deadlines are met
- Liaising with both suppliers and external partners, forming strong, productive relationships
- Creating product specs for suppliers, clearly and accurately communicating requirements
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, ensuring best costs, packaging requirements and correct production methods are achieved
- Working with third party licensors as required, managing sign offs and approvals
- Comp shopping and attending trade shows, analysing the competition, and making recommendations
- Assisting with costing, quotes etc as required
- Attending both internal and external customer meetings as required
Skills & experience required as Product Developer role include:
- 2+ years’ Product Development experience within a similar role
- Top notch Adobe Suite skills
- Commercially aware and innovative, with a love of consumer products and Retail Brands
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to create and maintain solid relationships, both internally and externally
- Deadline driven and a great multitasker who has an eye for creative detail
- Effective problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritise workloads
- You have a passion for product, packaging design and knowledge of current trends
- A proactive approach, with a friendly and positive nature
- A team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org