Operations Manager, iconic brand
We are working with an iconic British brand, who trade globally and are known for some of the UKs best-loved products. This company is thriving and due to company expansion are looking for a new Operations Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, this is a varied role which encompasses purchasing, stock allocation, warehousing, and quality control.
You will be very proactive with excellent communication skills and the ability to manage upwards, downwards, and across to suppliers. You will have 3+ years operations experience and excellent IT skills including a good level of Excel.
This is such a great company with a nurturing and friendly culture.
Duties as Operations Manager:
- Raising purchase order and ordering stock of finished products in line with the purchasing decisions of the Head of Operations.
- Entering stock into the sales / stock ordering system accurately, entering in the correct codes and reconciling with supplier invoices.
- Running end of day and end of month reports and associated reporting
- Managing relationship with the 3rd party warehouse and dealing with issues as they arise, including stock take.
- Being the first point of contact for the Warehouse and ensuring fast resolution to queries
- Visiting the warehouse on regular basis to ensure systems are running smoothly
- Be responsible for all quality control processes and procedures, ensuring samples are received for review from the production line, up to date records are maintained and checks are made of factories.
- Recommend new processes to ensure the quality of all products, minimising customer service issues.
- Manage KPIs of UK suppliers and set up regular review meetings
- Maintain Product Testing records and ensuring certification is up to date.
- Arrange for dispatch of samples to testing houses.
Experience and attributes required for this Operations Manager position:
- Relevant experience in a similar Operations role working for a consumer product company
- A high level of numeracy
- Evidence of analytical ability
- Excellent computer skills including Excel experience
- An effective communicator and experience of dealing with people at all levels
- Results driven
- Hands-on, team player
- Service oriented, happy to help out
- Ability to solve problems and drive solutions
- Good planning and organisational skills; ability to juggle varying workload
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org