Product Developer, leading gift brand
A creative role for someone who is enthusiastic with an excellent vision and commercial eye for products and retail. Full management of the product life cycle, from idea generation to delivery and launch.
You will be extremely trend-aware, keeping up to date with regular comp shopping. Proven experience working with suppliers and design to create products that meet customers briefs and deadlines, whilst hitting key costs and margin requirements.
You will have strong organisational skills, very close attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
Experience working with far east factories, sourcing new suppliers and ensuring costs, deadlines are met whilst multi-tasking in a fast-paced role and environment.
- Taking an active part in the initiation of new product ideas and product refreshes
- Spotting new product development opportunities through comp shipping and trade shows
- Taking briefs on new product development ideas from Buyers
- Briefing the design team for initial designs and mock-ups
- Getting feedback on initial ideas from the wider team and senior members
- Clearly and accurately briefing factories on product requirements
- Negotiating on costs prices and deliverables to hit required margin and costs
- Management of the sample sign off process
- Ownership of the full critical path of managed products and ranges
- Working closely with technical, design, sales, and shipping to ensure deadlines are met
- Visiting factories and suppliers to brief on new products and access pre-production
- Attending trade fairs in the UK and internationally
- Supporting the product team with all required duties
Skills & Experience required:
- Minimum of 2 + years’ experience working in a similar role
- Experience working directly with far east factories from a wholesale background
- Must have critical path management experience
- Excellent excel skills, strong attention to details and extremely commercial
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Trend aware with a real passion for products and retail
- A flexible approach, proactive and a real team player
- Thrives in a fast-paced working environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com