Production Manager, UK drink brand
This is a rare opportunity to join one of England’s leading sparkling wine producers as a Production & Warehouse Manager, to take the company to the next level of efficiency, productivity and quality.
This is an ideal role for a proven Production Manager from within the food and beverage industry, who understands production lines and wants to get involved with the burgeoning domestic wine production industry. This company is recruiting for attitude and aptitude, offering on the job training for the specialist aspects.
Reporting to the Head Winemaker, you will have a proven track record in setting up and running production lines. You should also show a willingness to learn about quality sparkling winemaking along with a desire to streamline the process and improve efficiency. Ensuring quality is maintained whilst meeting health and safety regulation is vital.
Working with the Head Winemaker and Operations Winemaker you will be planning, running and supervising the daily operations in the warehouse and production cellar. This will include maintenance of the machines, organisation of the riddling and disgorging schedules, labeling and packaging of finished goods for the company. All with a focus on quality management, safety and efficiency. It requires careful maintenance and monitoring of both wine stock and dry goods for numerous product lines.
- A proven and keen enthusiasm for process management
- A practical aptitude for problem solving and attention to detail is essential
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, in particular basic Excel spreadsheets, also willing to learn to use our specialist winery software
- Numerate and literate – confident in ability to make vital calculations and draft effective emails to clients and other staff
- Mechanically minded and able to run day to day maintenance on production lines
- Ability to work under pressure at times
- A flexible approach to both working hours and duties during critical times such as harvest and bottling is essential
- Confidence on a forklift is essential and having or obtaining a licence is a pre-requisite – telehandler licence an advantage
- Ability to manage and inspire your team
- Confidence and communication skills to liaise with winemaking contract clients and our own sales team regarding dry goods stock, work requests, schedules and expectations
- Preparedness to interact with consumers and trade visitors at tours and events, on occasion
- Must be able to lift 25kgs
- Must be able to stand for long periods and climb ladders
- Driving licence and own transport essential due to rural location
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com