Senior Product Developer, cool gift company!
Leading, creative gift brand is looking for a new Senior Product Developer to join their very successful, growing team.
You will have excellent product development experience, a commercial / creative eye and a real passion for product.
You will be involved in the whole development cycle, from idea generation to product launch for both catalogue and bespoke ranges. It’s a busy role but a great company to work for, that is experiencing huge levels of growth particularly throughout this recent period of time.
This Senior Product Development role involves:
- Represent the Product Development team in meetings
- Support the Head of Product Development
- Idea generation through comp shopping and trade shows
- Critiquing current ranges to identify improvements
- Noting feedback on developmental areas from customers + the wider team
- Attend customer meetings alongside the Account Managers, preparing product lists + samples
- Clearly and accurately briefing factories on product requirements
- Negotiating on cost prices and deliverables to hit required margin targets
- Ordering product + packaging samples and checking samples thoroughly
- Work with your production and supply chain team when selecting the most relevant factories
- Work closely with Production to ensure accurate critical path management
- Briefing the design + marketing teams for initial designs and mockups
- Being aware of all technical issues, involving the technical team
- Ensuring that all artwork is accurate before orders are confirmed
- Visiting factories to brief on new products and assess pre-production
- Attending trade fairs in the UK and internationally
Knowledge, qualifications, and experience required:
- Ideally at least 4 years direct product development experience
- Product development experience within the gift or home industry
- Must have developed directly with factories
- Must have a commercial mind
- A passion for product
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com